Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, December 22, 2014 at 00:16:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, December 14, 2014 at 12:52 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, December 22, 2014 at 1:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 22, 2014 at 00:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.46 meters/second, 1520.9 km/hour, 945.0 miles/hour or 821.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.7"||15.75 mi||west||0° 00' 00.7"||0.01 mi||north||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 45.0"||944.82 mi||west||0° 00' 47.7"||0.91 mi||north||944.86 mi|
|24 hours||345° 50' 26.7"||928.23 mi||west||0° 53' 45.6"||61.63 mi||north||932.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nadi *||Mon 1:16 PM||321 km||199 miles||173 nm||ENE|
|Lautoka *||Mon 1:16 PM||332 km||206 miles||179 nm||ENE|
|Suva *||Mon 1:16 PM||417 km||259 miles||225 nm||E|
|Port Vila||Mon 11:16 AM||663 km||412 miles||358 nm||W|
|Luganville||Mon 11:16 AM||853 km||530 miles||461 nm||WNW|
|Noumea||Mon 11:16 AM||932 km||579 miles||503 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 1:16 PM||1113 km||691 miles||601 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Mon 12:16 PM||1229 km||764 miles||664 nm||NNE|
|Apia *||Mon 2:16 PM||1559 km||969 miles||842 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Sun 1:16 PM||1641 km||1020 miles||886 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.