Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, May 1, 2010 at 15:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 89%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, April 28, 2010 at 12:20 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 4:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, May 1, 2010 at 15:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 404.78 meters/second, 1457.2 km/hour, 905.5 miles/hour or 786.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||15.09 mi||west||0° 00' 00.1"||0.00 mi||north||15.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 53.6"||905.06 mi||west||0° 00' 12.2"||0.23 mi||north||905.08 mi|
|24 hours||346° 59' 40.0"||814.76 mi||west||0° 42' 38.7"||48.92 mi||north||818.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kingston||Sun 2:30 AM||776 km||482 miles||419 nm||SW|
|Nadi||Sun 3:00 AM||866 km||538 miles||468 nm||NNE|
|Noumea||Sun 2:00 AM||873 km||543 miles||472 nm||WNW|
|Suva||Sun 3:00 AM||875 km||544 miles||473 nm||NNE|
|Lautoka||Sun 3:00 AM||888 km||552 miles||479 nm||NNE|
|Port Vila||Sun 2:00 AM||1034 km||642 miles||558 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 4:00 AM||1148 km||714 miles||620 nm||ENE|
|Auckland||Sun 3:00 AM||1302 km||809 miles||703 nm||S|
|Alofi||Sat 4:00 AM||1747 km||1085 miles||943 nm||ENE|
|Wellington||Sun 3:00 AM||1794 km||1115 miles||969 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.