Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 3:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 86%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, April 28, 2010 at 12:20 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 4:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 03:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 405.70 meters/second, 1460.5 km/hour, 907.5 miles/hour or 788.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||15.13 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||North||15.13 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 29.4"||907.12 mi||West||0° 01' 51.6"||2.13 mi||North||907.23 mi|
|24 hours||12° 42' 51.8"||797.80 mi||East||1° 20' 00.7"||91.78 mi||North||807.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Sun 3:00 AM||1217 km||756 miles||657 nm||NW|
|Windhoek||Sun 4:00 AM||1658 km||1030 miles||895 nm||E|
|Cape Town||Sun 5:00 AM||1959 km||1217 miles||1058 nm||SE|
|Luanda||Sun 4:00 AM||2202 km||1368 miles||1189 nm||NE|
|Gaborone||Sun 5:00 AM||2515 km||1563 miles||1358 nm||E|
|Maseru||Sun 5:00 AM||2664 km||1656 miles||1439 nm||ESE|
|Johannesburg||Sun 5:00 AM||2716 km||1688 miles||1467 nm||E|
|Pretoria||Sun 5:00 AM||2733 km||1698 miles||1476 nm||E|
|Kinshasa||Sun 4:00 AM||2745 km||1706 miles||1482 nm||NE|
|Brazzaville||Sun 4:00 AM||2749 km||1708 miles||1484 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.