Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 2:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 82%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, April 28, 2010 at 12:20 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 4:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 14:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 407.51 meters/second, 1467.0 km/hour, 911.6 miles/hour or 792.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||15.19 mi||West||0° 00' 03.1"||0.06 mi||North||15.19 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 09.7"||911.18 mi||West||0° 03' 17.4"||3.78 mi||North||911.39 mi|
|24 hours||12° 24' 36.6"||781.60 mi||East||1° 51' 47.3"||128.22 mi||North||797.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Sun 4:00 AM||397 km||246 miles||214 nm||NNW|
|Papeete||Sun 4:00 AM||1171 km||728 miles||632 nm||NE|
|Alofi||Sun 3:00 AM||1361 km||846 miles||735 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 3:00 AM||1794 km||1115 miles||969 nm||W|
|Apia||Sun 3:00 AM||1856 km||1153 miles||1002 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 3:00 AM||2174 km||1351 miles||1174 nm||NW|
|Suva||Mon 2:00 AM||2532 km||1573 miles||1367 nm||WNW|
|Chatham Islands||Mon 2:45 AM||2743 km||1705 miles||1481 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Sun 6:00 AM||2826 km||1756 miles||1526 nm||E|
|Kiritimati||Mon 4:00 AM||2913 km||1810 miles||1573 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.