Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, May 3, 2010 at 3:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, April 28, 2010 at 12:20 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 4:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, May 3, 2010 at 15:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 414.46 meters/second, 1492.0 km/hour, 927.1 miles/hour or 805.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.8"||15.45 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||North||15.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 58.6"||926.76 mi||West||0° 06' 09.3"||7.06 mi||North||927.13 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 34.1"||745.34 mi||East||2° 54' 12.4"||199.75 mi||North||778.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Mon 5:00 AM||145 km||90 miles||78 nm||NNE|
|Alofi||Mon 4:00 AM||1083 km||673 miles||585 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Mon 5:00 AM||1238 km||769 miles||668 nm||ENE|
|Apia||Mon 4:00 AM||1555 km||966 miles||840 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 4:00 AM||1560 km||969 miles||842 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 4:00 AM||1870 km||1162 miles||1010 nm||NW|
|Suva||Tue 3:00 AM||2284 km||1419 miles||1233 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Tue 3:00 AM||2693 km||1674 miles||1454 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 5:00 AM||2712 km||1685 miles||1464 nm||N|
|Chatham Islands||Tue 3:45 AM||2821 km||1753 miles||1523 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.