Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, June 15, 2011 at 10:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, June 15, 2011 at 8:15 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, June 23, 2011 at 11:49 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, June 15, 2011 at 22:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 409.91 meters/second, 1475.7 km/hour, 916.9 miles/hour or 796.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.6"||15.28 mi||West||0° 00' 02.0"||0.04 mi||North||15.28 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 45.3"||916.58 mi||West||0° 02' 04.3"||2.38 mi||North||916.70 mi|
|24 hours||13° 48' 17.7"||877.97 mi||East||1° 28' 40.2"||101.69 mi||North||888.53 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tzaneen||Thu 12:02 AM||90 km||56 miles||49 nm||SW|
|Polokwane||Thu 12:02 AM||148 km||92 miles||80 nm||WSW|
|Nelspruit||Thu 12:02 AM||256 km||159 miles||138 nm||S|
|Masvingo||Thu 12:02 AM||344 km||214 miles||186 nm||N|
|Mbabane||Thu 12:02 AM||352 km||219 miles||190 nm||S|
|Maputo||Thu 12:02 AM||363 km||226 miles||196 nm||SSE|
|Manzini||Thu 12:02 AM||375 km||233 miles||202 nm||S|
|Pretoria||Thu 12:02 AM||381 km||237 miles||206 nm||SW|
|Francistown||Thu 12:02 AM||396 km||246 miles||214 nm||WNW|
|Bulawayo||Thu 12:02 AM||399 km||248 miles||215 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.