Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 23, 2011 at 9:04:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 22%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Tuesday, September 20, 2011 at 1:40 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 11:10 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 23, 2011 at 09:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.92 meters/second, 1551.3 km/hour, 963.9 miles/hour or 837.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.2"||16.06 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||South||16.07 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 15.6"||963.69 mi||West||0° 10' 02.1"||11.50 mi||South||964.16 mi|
|24 hours||12° 40' 17.4"||843.90 mi||East||4° 27' 19.4"||306.29 mi||South||905.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tambacounda||Fri 9:04 AM||255 km||158 miles||138 nm||SSW|
|Tidjikja||Fri 9:04 AM||332 km||206 miles||179 nm||NNE|
|Rosso||Fri 9:04 AM||379 km||235 miles||204 nm||WNW|
|Touba||Fri 9:04 AM||388 km||241 miles||209 nm||WSW|
|Farafenni||Fri 9:04 AM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||SW|
|Gabú||Fri 9:04 AM||428 km||266 miles||231 nm||SSW|
|Saint-Louis||Fri 9:04 AM||444 km||276 miles||240 nm||W|
|Bafatá||Fri 9:04 AM||462 km||287 miles||249 nm||SSW|
|Nouakchott||Fri 9:04 AM||467 km||290 miles||252 nm||NW|
|Thiès||Fri 9:04 AM||500 km||310 miles||270 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.