Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 12, 2011 at 2:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 8:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, November 18, 2011 at 3:10 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 12, 2011 at 14:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 414.97 meters/second, 1493.9 km/hour, 928.3 miles/hour or 806.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||15.47 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.04 mi||North||15.47 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 41.7"||927.88 mi||West||0° 01' 52.3"||2.15 mi||North||927.78 mi|
|24 hours||12° 13' 50.7"||783.03 mi||East||0° 14' 13.3"||16.31 mi||North||782.53 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sun 2:06 AM||408 km||254 miles||220 nm||SE|
|Palikir||Sun 1:06 AM||1825 km||1134 miles||985 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Sun 2:06 AM||1842 km||1144 miles||994 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Sat 3:06 AM||1952 km||1213 miles||1054 nm||ENE|
|Hagåtña||Sun 12:06 AM||2292 km||1424 miles||1237 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Sun 2:06 AM||2490 km||1547 miles||1345 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Sun 2:06 AM||2540 km||1578 miles||1372 nm||S|
|Tokyo||Sat 11:06 PM||2814 km||1748 miles||1519 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Sat 2:06 AM||3207 km||1993 miles||1732 nm||SE|
|Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk||Sun 1:06 AM||3356 km||2085 miles||1812 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.