Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 12, 2011 at 2:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 8:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, November 18, 2011 at 3:10 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 12, 2011 at 14:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 414.87 meters/second, 1493.5 km/hour, 928.0 miles/hour or 806.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||15.47 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.04 mi||North||15.47 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 40.2"||927.67 mi||West||0° 01' 46.6"||2.04 mi||North||927.58 mi|
|24 hours||12° 14' 16.3"||783.33 mi||East||0° 11' 53.3"||13.63 mi||North||782.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sun 12:58 AM||1012 km||629 miles||546 nm||SW|
|Hagåtña||Sun 12:58 AM||1229 km||764 miles||664 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Sun 2:58 AM||1581 km||983 miles||854 nm||E|
|Palikir||Sun 1:58 AM||1834 km||1140 miles||990 nm||SSE|
|Kawasaki||Sat 11:58 PM||1878 km||1167 miles||1014 nm||NW|
|Yokohama||Sat 11:58 PM||1880 km||1168 miles||1015 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Sat 11:58 PM||1892 km||1175 miles||1021 nm||NW|
|Sagamihara||Sat 11:58 PM||1901 km||1181 miles||1027 nm||NW|
|Shizuoka||Sat 11:58 PM||1918 km||1192 miles||1036 nm||NW|
|Hamamatsu||Sat 11:58 PM||1941 km||1206 miles||1048 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.