Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, December 2, 2011 at 09:52:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, November 25, 2011 at 6:10 AM|
|This phase||First Quarter||Friday, December 2, 2011 at 9:52 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:36 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 2, 2011 at 09:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.96 meters/second, 1619.9 km/hour, 1006.5 miles/hour or 874.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 34.2"||16.78 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||north||16.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 34' 11.8"||1006.52 mi||west||0° 11' 37.4"||13.31 mi||north||1006.70 mi|
|24 hours||10° 11' 53.6"||704.52 mi||east||4° 37' 57.4"||318.32 mi||north||773.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rantepao||Fri 5:52 PM||38 km||23 miles||20 nm||W|
|Mamuju||Fri 5:52 PM||154 km||95 miles||83 nm||WNW|
|Palu||Fri 5:52 PM||234 km||145 miles||126 nm||N|
|Makassar||Fri 5:52 PM||256 km||159 miles||138 nm||SSW|
|Kendari||Fri 5:52 PM||277 km||172 miles||149 nm||ESE|
|Balikpapan||Fri 5:52 PM||424 km||264 miles||229 nm||WNW|
|Samarinda||Fri 5:52 PM||440 km||273 miles||237 nm||NW|
|Gorontalo||Fri 5:52 PM||500 km||310 miles||270 nm||NE|
|Raba||Fri 5:52 PM||627 km||390 miles||339 nm||SSW|
|Banjarmasin||Fri 5:52 PM||629 km||391 miles||340 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.