Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 9, 2011 at 12:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, December 2, 2011 at 9:53 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 9, 2011 at 12:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.86 meters/second, 1497.1 km/hour, 930.3 miles/hour or 808.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||North||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 41.4"||929.88 mi||West||0° 02' 43.2"||3.12 mi||North||929.73 mi|
|24 hours||12° 16' 52.9"||787.96 mi||East||0° 34' 49.8"||39.94 mi||North||787.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Fri 10:48 PM||1282 km||797 miles||692 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Sat 12:48 AM||1455 km||904 miles||785 nm||E|
|Palikir||Fri 11:48 PM||1756 km||1091 miles||948 nm||SSE|
|Kawasaki||Fri 9:48 PM||1981 km||1231 miles||1069 nm||NW|
|Yokohama||Fri 9:48 PM||1983 km||1232 miles||1071 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Fri 9:48 PM||1994 km||1239 miles||1077 nm||NW|
|Nagoya||Fri 9:48 PM||2142 km||1331 miles||1157 nm||NW|
|Osaka||Fri 9:48 PM||2211 km||1374 miles||1194 nm||NW|
|Kyoto||Fri 9:48 PM||2214 km||1376 miles||1196 nm||NW|
|Kobe||Fri 9:48 PM||2236 km||1389 miles||1207 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.