Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 9, 2011 at 2:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, December 2, 2011 at 9:53 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 9, 2011 at 14:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.66 meters/second, 1496.4 km/hour, 929.8 miles/hour or 808.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||North||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 38.3"||929.44 mi||West||0° 02' 34.7"||2.96 mi||North||929.30 mi|
|24 hours||12° 17' 50.6"||788.66 mi||East||0° 31' 20.2"||35.94 mi||North||788.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kagoshima||Fri 11:06 PM||1117 km||694 miles||603 nm||NNW|
|Kumamoto||Fri 11:06 PM||1241 km||771 miles||670 nm||NNW|
|Matsuyama||Fri 11:06 PM||1316 km||818 miles||710 nm||N|
|Taipei||Fri 10:06 PM||1331 km||827 miles||719 nm||WNW|
|Fukuoka||Fri 11:06 PM||1340 km||833 miles||724 nm||NNW|
|Kitakyushu||Fri 11:06 PM||1351 km||840 miles||730 nm||NNW|
|Hiroshima||Fri 11:06 PM||1379 km||857 miles||745 nm||N|
|Kobe||Fri 11:06 PM||1406 km||874 miles||759 nm||N|
|Osaka||Fri 11:06 PM||1407 km||874 miles||760 nm||N|
|Himeji||Fri 11:06 PM||1419 km||882 miles||766 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.