Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 9, 2011 at 2:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, December 2, 2011 at 9:53 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 9, 2011 at 14:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.54 meters/second, 1495.9 km/hour, 929.5 miles/hour or 807.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||15.49 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||North||15.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 36.2"||929.16 mi||West||0° 02' 29.1"||2.85 mi||North||929.02 mi|
|24 hours||12° 18' 28.0"||789.12 mi||East||0° 29' 00.1"||33.26 mi||North||788.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kaohsiung||Fri 10:58 PM||159 km||99 miles||86 nm||NW|
|Taichung||Fri 10:58 PM||251 km||156 miles||135 nm||NNW|
|Hsinchu||Fri 10:58 PM||309 km||192 miles||167 nm||NNW|
|Taoyuan City||Fri 10:58 PM||325 km||202 miles||175 nm||N|
|Taipei||Fri 10:58 PM||332 km||206 miles||179 nm||N|
|Xiamen||Fri 10:58 PM||445 km||277 miles||240 nm||NW|
|Foochow||Fri 10:58 PM||501 km||311 miles||270 nm||NNW|
|Shantou||Fri 10:58 PM||523 km||325 miles||283 nm||WNW|
|Kowloon||Fri 10:58 PM||756 km||470 miles||408 nm||W|
|Hong Kong||Fri 10:58 PM||763 km||474 miles||412 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.