Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 9, 2011 at 4:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, December 2, 2011 at 9:53 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 9, 2011 at 16:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 415.35 meters/second, 1495.3 kilometres/hour, 929.1 miles/hour or 807.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||15.49 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.05 mi||North||15.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 33.3"||928.74 mi||West||0° 02' 20.6"||2.69 mi||North||928.62 mi|
|24 hours||12° 19' 23.7"||789.81 mi||East||0° 25' 23.8"||29.13 mi||North||789.16 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luang Prabang||Fri 11:18 PM||248 km||154 miles||134 nm||S|
|Xam Neua||Fri 11:18 PM||266 km||165 miles||143 nm||SE|
|Kunming||Sat 12:18 AM||326 km||203 miles||176 nm||N|
|Hanoi||Fri 11:18 PM||392 km||243 miles||212 nm||ESE|
|Vientiane||Fri 11:18 PM||462 km||287 miles||249 nm||S|
|Hai Phong||Fri 11:18 PM||480 km||298 miles||259 nm||ESE|
|Chiang Mai||Fri 11:18 PM||502 km||312 miles||271 nm||SW|
|Udon Thani||Fri 11:18 PM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||S|
|Nanning||Sat 12:18 AM||629 km||391 miles||339 nm||E|
|Khon Kaen||Fri 11:18 PM||633 km||393 miles||342 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.