Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 00:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, December 2, 2011 at 9:52 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:36 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 00:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 414.40 meters/second, 1491.9 km/hour, 927.0 miles/hour or 805.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||15.45 mi||west||0° 00' 01.5"||0.03 mi||north||15.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 15.7"||926.68 mi||west||0° 01' 24.0"||1.61 mi||north||926.60 mi|
|24 hours||12° 24' 30.1"||793.76 mi||east||0° 02' 03.7"||2.36 mi||north||793.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nouadhibou||Sat 12:48 AM||459 km||285 miles||248 nm||ESE|
|Dakhla||Sat 12:48 AM||557 km||346 miles||301 nm||ENE|
|Santa Maria||Fri 11:48 PM||667 km||414 miles||360 nm||SSW|
|Nouakchott||Sat 12:48 AM||724 km||450 miles||391 nm||SE|
|Mindelo||Fri 11:48 PM||729 km||453 miles||393 nm||SSW|
|Cape Bojador||Sat 12:48 AM||796 km||494 miles||430 nm||ENE|
|Las Palmas||Sat 12:48 AM||858 km||533 miles||464 nm||NE|
|Rosso||Sat 12:48 AM||862 km||536 miles||465 nm||SE|
|Praia||Fri 11:48 PM||864 km||537 miles||466 nm||SSW|
|Dakar||Sat 12:48 AM||942 km||586 miles||509 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.