Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, December 2, 2011 at 9:53 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 02:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 414.30 meters/second, 1491.5 km/hour, 926.8 miles/hour or 805.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||15.45 mi||West||0° 00' 01.2"||0.03 mi||North||15.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 13.2"||926.38 mi||West||0° 01' 15.5"||1.44 mi||North||926.31 mi|
|24 hours||12° 25' 08.5"||794.22 mi||East||0° 01' 29.1"||1.71 mi||South||794.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Praia||Sat 1:06 AM||1902 km||1182 miles||1027 nm||ESE|
|Ponta Delgada||Sat 1:06 AM||2168 km||1347 miles||1171 nm||NE|
|Bridgetown||Fri 10:06 PM||2343 km||1456 miles||1265 nm||WSW|
|Cayenne||Fri 11:06 PM||2362 km||1468 miles||1276 nm||SW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Fri 10:06 PM||2386 km||1483 miles||1288 nm||W|
|Fort-de-France||Fri 10:06 PM||2409 km||1497 miles||1301 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Fri 10:06 PM||2410 km||1497 miles||1301 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Fri 10:06 PM||2415 km||1501 miles||1304 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Fri 10:06 PM||2428 km||1509 miles||1311 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Fri 10:06 PM||2469 km||1534 miles||1333 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.