Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:58:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, December 2, 2011 at 9:53 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 02:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 414.23 meters/second, 1491.2 km/hour, 926.6 miles/hour or 805.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||15.44 mi||West||0° 00' 01.1"||0.02 mi||North||15.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 11.8"||926.23 mi||West||0° 01' 09.6"||1.33 mi||North||926.16 mi|
|24 hours||12° 25' 33.1"||794.55 mi||East||0° 03' 53.4"||4.46 mi||South||794.75 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Fri 10:58 PM||1161 km||721 miles||627 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Fri 10:58 PM||1221 km||759 miles||659 nm||SW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Fri 10:58 PM||1230 km||764 miles||664 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Fri 10:58 PM||1240 km||771 miles||670 nm||SW|
|Fort-de-France||Fri 10:58 PM||1268 km||788 miles||685 nm||SW|
|Bridgetown||Fri 10:58 PM||1292 km||803 miles||698 nm||SW|
|Castries||Fri 10:58 PM||1308 km||813 miles||706 nm||SW|
|Kingstown||Fri 10:58 PM||1396 km||867 miles||754 nm||SW|
|San Juan||Fri 10:58 PM||1506 km||936 miles||813 nm||WSW|
|Saint George's||Fri 10:58 PM||1526 km||948 miles||824 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.