Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 6:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, December 2, 2011 at 9:53 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 06:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 413.99 meters/second, 1490.4 km/hour, 926.1 miles/hour or 804.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.0"||15.43 mi||West||0° 00' 00.8"||0.01 mi||North||15.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 05.3"||925.69 mi||West||0° 00' 43.4"||0.83 mi||North||925.65 mi|
|24 hours||12° 27' 11.1"||795.93 mi||East||0° 14' 34.0"||16.70 mi||South||796.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mazatlan||Fri 11:48 PM||165 km||103 miles||89 nm||ENE|
|Cabo San Lucas||Fri 11:48 PM||217 km||135 miles||117 nm||WNW|
|Tepic||Fri 11:48 PM||323 km||201 miles||175 nm||ESE|
|Puerto Vallarta||Sat 12:48 AM||342 km||212 miles||185 nm||SE|
|Durango||Sat 12:48 AM||365 km||227 miles||197 nm||ENE|
|Guadalajara||Sat 12:48 AM||507 km||315 miles||274 nm||ESE|
|Fresnillo||Sat 12:48 AM||515 km||320 miles||278 nm||E|
|Zacatecas||Sat 12:48 AM||541 km||336 miles||292 nm||E|
|Colima||Sat 12:48 AM||560 km||348 miles||302 nm||SE|
|Aguascalientes||Sat 12:48 AM||575 km||358 miles||311 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.