Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 10:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, December 2, 2011 at 9:52 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:36 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 10:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 413.84 meters/second, 1489.8 km/hour, 925.7 miles/hour or 804.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.9"||15.43 mi||west||0° 00' 00.4"||0.01 mi||north||15.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 00.2"||925.37 mi||west||0° 00' 19.2"||0.37 mi||north||925.35 mi|
|24 hours||12° 28' 24.3"||797.03 mi||east||0° 24' 24.4"||27.99 mi||south||798.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lihue||Sat 12:18 AM||86 km||53 miles||46 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Sat 12:18 AM||167 km||104 miles||90 nm||SE|
|Wailuku||Sat 12:18 AM||301 km||187 miles||162 nm||SE|
|Hilo||Sat 12:18 AM||498 km||309 miles||269 nm||SE|
|Midway||Fri 11:18 PM||1969 km||1224 miles||1063 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 12:18 AM||2293 km||1425 miles||1238 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Fri 10:18 PM||3128 km||1943 miles||1689 nm||SW|
|Unalaska||Sat 1:18 AM||3539 km||2199 miles||1911 nm||N|
|Adak||Sat 12:18 AM||3598 km||2236 miles||1943 nm||NNW|
|Wake Island||Sat 10:18 PM||3605 km||2240 miles||1946 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.