Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 10:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, December 2, 2011 at 9:53 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 10:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 413.84 meters/second, 1489.8 km/hour, 925.7 miles/hour or 804.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.9"||15.43 mi||West||0° 00' 00.4"||0.01 mi||North||15.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 00.2"||925.37 mi||West||0° 00' 19.4"||0.37 mi||North||925.35 mi|
|24 hours||12° 28' 23.8"||797.02 mi||East||0° 24' 21.3"||27.93 mi||South||798.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lihue||Sat 12:18 AM||107 km||66 miles||58 nm||SW|
|Waipahu||Sat 12:18 AM||139 km||86 miles||75 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Sat 12:18 AM||153 km||95 miles||83 nm||SSE|
|Wailuku||Sat 12:18 AM||278 km||173 miles||150 nm||SE|
|Hilo||Sat 12:18 AM||476 km||296 miles||257 nm||SE|
|Midway||Fri 11:18 PM||1995 km||1240 miles||1077 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 12:18 AM||2291 km||1424 miles||1237 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Fri 10:18 PM||3146 km||1955 miles||1698 nm||SW|
|Unalaska||Sat 1:18 AM||3542 km||2201 miles||1913 nm||N|
|Adak||Sat 12:18 AM||3607 km||2241 miles||1948 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.