Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 11:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, December 2, 2011 at 9:52 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:36 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 11:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 413.81 meters/second, 1489.7 km/hour, 925.7 miles/hour or 804.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.9"||15.43 mi||west||0° 00' 00.2"||0.00 mi||north||15.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 58.1"||925.28 mi||west||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||north||925.27 mi|
|24 hours||347° 31' 09.4"||797.45 mi||west||0° 28' 36.7"||32.81 mi||south||799.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Sat 12:48 AM||703 km||437 miles||379 nm||NNE|
|Wake Island||Sat 11:48 PM||1382 km||859 miles||746 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Sat 11:48 PM||1921 km||1194 miles||1037 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Sat 1:48 AM||2344 km||1456 miles||1265 nm||E|
|Tarawa||Sat 11:48 PM||2441 km||1517 miles||1318 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Fri 11:48 PM||2512 km||1561 miles||1356 nm||S|
|Palikir||Sat 10:48 PM||2866 km||1781 miles||1548 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Sat 11:48 PM||2894 km||1798 miles||1563 nm||SSW|
|Adak||Sat 1:48 AM||3271 km||2032 miles||1766 nm||N|
|Kiritimati||Sun 1:48 AM||3394 km||2109 miles||1833 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.