Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 11:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, December 2, 2011 at 9:53 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 11:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 413.81 meters/second, 1489.7 km/hour, 925.7 miles/hour or 804.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.9"||15.43 mi||West||0° 00' 00.2"||0.00 mi||North||15.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 58.1"||925.28 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||925.27 mi|
|24 hours||347° 31' 09.6"||797.45 mi||West||0° 28' 33.6"||32.75 mi||South||799.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Sat 12:48 AM||691 km||429 miles||373 nm||NNE|
|Wake Island||Sat 11:48 PM||1409 km||876 miles||761 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Sat 11:48 PM||1932 km||1200 miles||1043 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Sat 1:48 AM||2316 km||1439 miles||1251 nm||E|
|Tarawa||Sat 11:48 PM||2449 km||1522 miles||1323 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Fri 11:48 PM||2507 km||1558 miles||1354 nm||S|
|Palikir||Sat 10:48 PM||2889 km||1795 miles||1560 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Sat 11:48 PM||2909 km||1808 miles||1571 nm||SSW|
|Adak||Sat 1:48 AM||3268 km||2031 miles||1765 nm||N|
|Kiritimati||Sun 1:48 AM||3373 km||2096 miles||1821 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.