Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 1:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, December 2, 2011 at 9:53 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 13:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 413.78 meters/second, 1489.6 km/hour, 925.6 miles/hour or 804.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.9"||15.43 mi||West||0° 00' 00.1"||0.00 mi||North||15.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 56.4"||925.23 mi||West||0° 00' 00.1"||0.00 mi||North||925.23 mi|
|24 hours||12° 29' 10.7"||797.79 mi||East||0° 32' 12.4"||36.94 mi||South||800.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sun 1:06 AM||697 km||433 miles||377 nm||ESE|
|Palikir||Sun 12:06 AM||1755 km||1090 miles||948 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Sat 11:06 PM||1982 km||1232 miles||1070 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Sun 1:06 AM||2046 km||1271 miles||1105 nm||SE|
|Midway||Sat 2:06 AM||2269 km||1410 miles||1225 nm||ENE|
|Yokohama||Sat 10:06 PM||2515 km||1562 miles||1358 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Sat 10:06 PM||2518 km||1564 miles||1359 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Sun 1:06 AM||2637 km||1639 miles||1424 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Sun 1:06 AM||2679 km||1665 miles||1447 nm||SSE|
|Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk||Sun 12:06 AM||3161 km||1964 miles||1707 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.