Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 1:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, December 2, 2011 at 9:53 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 13:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 413.78 meters/second, 1489.6 km/hour, 925.6 miles/hour or 804.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||15.43 mi||West||0° 00' 00.0"||0.00 mi||South||15.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 55.6"||925.22 mi||West||0° 00' 04.7"||0.09 mi||South||925.22 mi|
|24 hours||12° 29' 20.8"||797.97 mi||East||0° 34' 10.4"||39.19 mi||South||800.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sat 11:48 PM||971 km||603 miles||524 nm||SW|
|Hagåtña||Sat 11:48 PM||1190 km||739 miles||642 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Sun 1:48 AM||1689 km||1050 miles||912 nm||E|
|Kawasaki||Sat 10:48 PM||1795 km||1115 miles||969 nm||NW|
|Yokohama||Sat 10:48 PM||1796 km||1116 miles||970 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Sat 10:48 PM||1809 km||1124 miles||977 nm||NW|
|Sagamihara||Sat 10:48 PM||1818 km||1129 miles||981 nm||NW|
|Shizuoka||Sat 10:48 PM||1830 km||1137 miles||988 nm||NW|
|Hamamatsu||Sat 10:48 PM||1852 km||1151 miles||1000 nm||NW|
|Palikir||Sun 12:48 AM||1903 km||1182 miles||1027 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.