Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 1:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, December 2, 2011 at 9:53 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 13:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 413.78 meters/second, 1489.6 km/hour, 925.6 miles/hour or 804.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||15.43 mi||West||0° 00' 00.0"||0.00 mi||South||15.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 55.5"||925.21 mi||West||0° 00' 05.6"||0.11 mi||South||925.22 mi|
|24 hours||12° 29' 22.7"||798.00 mi||East||0° 34' 32.9"||39.62 mi||South||800.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sat 11:56 PM||877 km||545 miles||474 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Sat 11:56 PM||1094 km||680 miles||591 nm||SSW|
|Yokohama||Sat 10:56 PM||1690 km||1050 miles||912 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Sat 10:56 PM||1690 km||1050 miles||912 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Sat 10:56 PM||1705 km||1059 miles||921 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Sat 10:56 PM||1710 km||1063 miles||924 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Sat 10:56 PM||1712 km||1064 miles||925 nm||NW|
|Hamamatsu||Sat 10:56 PM||1728 km||1074 miles||933 nm||NW|
|Nagoya||Sat 10:56 PM||1817 km||1129 miles||981 nm||NW|
|Osaka||Sat 10:56 PM||1869 km||1162 miles||1009 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.