Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 13:58:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, December 2, 2011 at 9:53 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 13:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 413.77 meters/second, 1489.6 km/hour, 925.6 miles/hour or 804.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||15.43 mi||west||0° 00' 00.0"||0.00 mi||south||15.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 55.4"||925.21 mi||west||0° 00' 06.0"||0.11 mi||south||925.22 mi|
|24 hours||12° 29' 23.2"||798.01 mi||east||0° 34' 38.5"||39.73 mi||south||800.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sat 11:58 PM||859 km||534 miles||464 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Sat 11:58 PM||1075 km||668 miles||580 nm||SSW|
|Yokohama||Sat 10:58 PM||1661 km||1032 miles||897 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Sat 10:58 PM||1665 km||1035 miles||899 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Sat 10:58 PM||1681 km||1045 miles||908 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Sat 10:58 PM||1685 km||1047 miles||910 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Sat 10:58 PM||1686 km||1047 miles||910 nm||NNW|
|Hamamatsu||Sat 10:58 PM||1699 km||1056 miles||917 nm||NW|
|Nagoya||Sat 10:58 PM||1788 km||1111 miles||965 nm||NW|
|Osaka||Sat 10:58 PM||1837 km||1141 miles||992 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.