Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, December 2, 2011 at 9:53 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 14:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 413.77 meters/second, 1489.6 km/hour, 925.6 miles/hour or 804.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||15.43 mi||West||0° 00' 00.1"||0.00 mi||South||15.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 54.7"||925.21 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||South||925.22 mi|
|24 hours||12° 29' 31.5"||798.17 mi||East||0° 36' 25.2"||41.77 mi||South||800.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Sun 12:36 AM||1164 km||723 miles||628 nm||SSE|
|Kagoshima||Sat 11:36 PM||1317 km||818 miles||711 nm||NW|
|Hamamatsu||Sat 11:36 PM||1355 km||842 miles||732 nm||N|
|Shizuoka||Sat 11:36 PM||1379 km||857 miles||745 nm||N|
|Osaka||Sat 11:36 PM||1392 km||865 miles||751 nm||NNW|
|Matsuyama||Sat 11:36 PM||1401 km||870 miles||756 nm||NNW|
|Kobe||Sat 11:36 PM||1401 km||870 miles||756 nm||NNW|
|Kumamoto||Sat 11:36 PM||1410 km||876 miles||761 nm||NW|
|Nagoya||Sat 11:36 PM||1416 km||880 miles||765 nm||N|
|Kyoto||Sat 11:36 PM||1421 km||883 miles||767 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.