Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 3:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, December 18, 2011 at 12:49 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 15:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 413.77 meters/second, 1489.6 km/hour, 925.6 miles/hour or 804.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||15.43 mi||West||0° 00' 00.3"||0.01 mi||South||15.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 53.0"||925.21 mi||West||0° 00' 19.9"||0.38 mi||South||925.23 mi|
|24 hours||12° 29' 48.0"||798.49 mi||East||0° 40' 15.5"||46.17 mi||South||801.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kaohsiung||Sat 11:58 PM||121 km||75 miles||65 nm||ENE|
|Taichung||Sat 11:58 PM||220 km||136 miles||119 nm||NE|
|Xiamen||Sat 11:58 PM||251 km||156 miles||136 nm||NNW|
|Shantou||Sat 11:58 PM||294 km||182 miles||159 nm||WNW|
|Hsinchu||Sat 11:58 PM||297 km||184 miles||160 nm||NNE|
|Taoyuan City||Sat 11:58 PM||333 km||207 miles||180 nm||NE|
|Taipei||Sat 11:58 PM||352 km||219 miles||190 nm||NE|
|Foochow||Sat 11:58 PM||391 km||243 miles||211 nm||N|
|Kowloon||Sat 11:58 PM||531 km||330 miles||287 nm||W|
|Hong Kong||Sat 11:58 PM||538 km||335 miles||291 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.