Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 8:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, December 18, 2011 at 12:49 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 20:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 413.87 meters/second, 1489.9 km/hour, 925.8 miles/hour or 804.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||15.43 mi||West||0° 00' 00.9"||0.02 mi||South||15.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 48.3"||925.44 mi||West||0° 00' 54.9"||1.05 mi||South||925.49 mi|
|24 hours||12° 30' 27.9"||799.46 mi||East||0° 54' 18.0"||62.27 mi||South||804.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Riyadh||Sat 11:58 PM||238 km||148 miles||128 nm||N|
|Hofuf||Sat 11:58 PM||414 km||257 miles||224 nm||NE|
|Buraidah||Sat 11:58 PM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||NW|
|Dammam||Sat 11:58 PM||537 km||334 miles||290 nm||NE|
|Riffa||Sat 11:58 PM||540 km||336 miles||292 nm||NE|
|Al-Jamiliyah||Sat 11:58 PM||540 km||336 miles||292 nm||NE|
|Qatif||Sat 11:58 PM||544 km||338 miles||294 nm||NNE|
|Manama||Sat 11:58 PM||550 km||342 miles||297 nm||NE|
|Doha||Sat 11:58 PM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||NE|
|Al Khor||Sat 11:58 PM||578 km||359 miles||312 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.