Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 10:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, December 18, 2011 at 12:49 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 22:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 413.93 meters/second, 1490.1 km/hour, 925.9 miles/hour or 804.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||15.43 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||South||15.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 47.3"||925.56 mi||West||0° 01' 04.3"||1.23 mi||South||925.62 mi|
|24 hours||12° 30' 33.2"||799.68 mi||East||0° 58' 02.4"||66.56 mi||South||805.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kharga Oasis||Sun 12:18 AM||438 km||272 miles||237 nm||NE|
|Kufra||Sun 12:18 AM||488 km||304 miles||264 nm||WNW|
|Aswan||Sun 12:18 AM||562 km||349 miles||303 nm||ENE|
|Luxor||Sun 12:18 AM||616 km||383 miles||333 nm||NE|
|Asyut||Sun 12:18 AM||629 km||391 miles||340 nm||NNE|
|Hurghada||Sun 12:18 AM||814 km||506 miles||439 nm||NE|
|Fada||Sat 11:18 PM||868 km||539 miles||468 nm||SW|
|Al Jizah||Sun 12:18 AM||905 km||563 miles||489 nm||NNE|
|Cairo||Sun 12:18 AM||910 km||565 miles||491 nm||NNE|
|Khartoum||Sun 1:18 AM||916 km||569 miles||495 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.