Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 12:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, December 18, 2011 at 12:49 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 00:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 414.06 meters/second, 1490.6 kilometres/hour, 926.2 miles/hour or 804.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||15.44 mi||West||0° 00' 01.2"||0.02 mi||South||15.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 45.5"||925.85 mi||West||0° 01' 21.8"||1.56 mi||South||925.93 mi|
|24 hours||12° 30' 37.0"||800.02 mi||East||1° 05' 02.5"||74.59 mi||South||806.54 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Sun 12:48 AM||527 km||327 miles||284 nm||SW|
|Smara||Sun 12:48 AM||575 km||357 miles||310 nm||NNW|
|Tindouf||Sun 1:48 AM||581 km||361 miles||314 nm||N|
|El Aaiún||Sun 12:48 AM||706 km||438 miles||381 nm||NW|
|Cape Bojador||Sun 12:48 AM||732 km||455 miles||395 nm||NW|
|Dakhla||Sun 12:48 AM||774 km||481 miles||418 nm||WNW|
|Timbuktu||Sun 12:48 AM||851 km||529 miles||460 nm||SE|
|Agadir||Sun 12:48 AM||892 km||554 miles||482 nm||N|
|Nouadhibou||Sun 12:48 AM||898 km||558 miles||485 nm||W|
|Nouakchott||Sun 12:48 AM||917 km||570 miles||495 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.