Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 12:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, December 18, 2011 at 12:49 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 12:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.21 meters/second, 1494.8 km/hour, 928.8 miles/hour or 807.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||15.48 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||South||15.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 42.1"||928.44 mi||West||0° 02' 46.3"||3.18 mi||South||928.60 mi|
|24 hours||347° 30' 49.7"||800.77 mi||West||1° 38' 19.6"||112.75 mi||South||813.13 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Sun 1:48 AM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||NE|
|Wake Island||Mon 12:48 AM||1196 km||743 miles||646 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Mon 12:48 AM||1789 km||1112 miles||966 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Mon 12:48 AM||2338 km||1453 miles||1262 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Sun 12:48 AM||2496 km||1551 miles||1348 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Sun 2:48 AM||2524 km||1568 miles||1363 nm||E|
|Palikir||Sun 11:48 PM||2687 km||1670 miles||1451 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Mon 12:48 AM||2760 km||1715 miles||1490 nm||SSW|
|Adak||Sun 2:48 AM||3346 km||2079 miles||1807 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Mon 12:48 AM||3383 km||2102 miles||1827 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.