Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 2:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, December 18, 2011 at 12:49 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 14:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.39 meters/second, 1495.4 km/hour, 929.2 miles/hour or 807.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||15.49 mi||West||0° 00' 02.9"||0.05 mi||South||15.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 42.2"||928.84 mi||West||0° 02' 55.4"||3.35 mi||South||929.01 mi|
|24 hours||12° 28' 51.0"||800.77 mi||East||1° 41' 53.1"||116.82 mi||South||813.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Mon 2:06 AM||858 km||533 miles||463 nm||ESE|
|Palikir||Mon 1:06 AM||1667 km||1036 miles||900 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Mon 12:06 AM||1771 km||1101 miles||956 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Mon 2:06 AM||2121 km||1318 miles||1145 nm||SE|
|Yokohama||Sun 11:06 PM||2402 km||1493 miles||1297 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Sun 11:06 PM||2407 km||1496 miles||1300 nm||NW|
|Midway||Sun 3:06 AM||2484 km||1544 miles||1341 nm||ENE|
|Nagoya||Sun 11:06 PM||2594 km||1612 miles||1401 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Mon 2:06 AM||2638 km||1639 miles||1424 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Mon 2:06 AM||2738 km||1701 miles||1478 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.