Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 2:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, December 18, 2011 at 12:49 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 14:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 415.51 meters/second, 1495.8 kilometres/hour, 929.5 miles/hour or 807.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||15.49 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||South||15.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 42.3"||929.12 mi||West||0° 03' 01.4"||3.47 mi||South||929.29 mi|
|24 hours||12° 28' 37.3"||800.76 mi||East||1° 44' 15.0"||119.54 mi||South||814.32 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Mon 12:58 AM||748 km||465 miles||404 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Mon 12:58 AM||951 km||591 miles||514 nm||S|
|Yokohama||Sun 11:58 PM||1639 km||1018 miles||885 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Sun 11:58 PM||1641 km||1020 miles||886 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Sun 11:58 PM||1643 km||1021 miles||887 nm||NNW|
|Hamamatsu||Sun 11:58 PM||1649 km||1025 miles||890 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Sun 11:58 PM||1658 km||1030 miles||895 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Sun 11:58 PM||1658 km||1030 miles||895 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Sun 11:58 PM||1734 km||1077 miles||936 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Sun 11:58 PM||1768 km||1098 miles||954 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.