Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 14:58:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, December 18, 2011 at 12:49 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 14:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.51 meters/second, 1495.8 km/hour, 929.5 miles/hour or 807.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||15.49 mi||west||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||south||15.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 42.3"||929.12 mi||west||0° 03' 01.4"||3.47 mi||south||929.29 mi|
|24 hours||12° 28' 37.3"||800.76 mi||east||1° 44' 15.0"||119.54 mi||south||814.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Mon 12:58 AM||748 km||465 miles||404 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Mon 12:58 AM||951 km||591 miles||514 nm||S|
|Yokohama||Sun 11:58 PM||1635 km||1016 miles||883 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Sun 11:58 PM||1641 km||1020 miles||886 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Sun 11:58 PM||1643 km||1021 miles||887 nm||NNW|
|Hamamatsu||Sun 11:58 PM||1649 km||1025 miles||890 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Sun 11:58 PM||1658 km||1030 miles||895 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Sun 11:58 PM||1658 km||1030 miles||895 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Sun 11:58 PM||1734 km||1077 miles||936 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Sun 11:58 PM||1767 km||1098 miles||954 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.