Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 4:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, December 18, 2011 at 12:49 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 16:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 415.71 meters/second, 1496.5 kilometres/hour, 929.9 miles/hour or 808.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||South||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 42.7"||929.56 mi||West||0° 03' 10.7"||3.65 mi||South||929.74 mi|
|24 hours||12° 28' 14.4"||800.73 mi||East||1° 47' 52.7"||123.69 mi||South||815.06 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Naha||Mon 1:18 AM||486 km||302 miles||262 nm||N|
|Taipei||Mon 12:18 AM||669 km||416 miles||361 nm||WNW|
|Taoyuan City||Mon 12:18 AM||683 km||424 miles||369 nm||WNW|
|Kaohsiung||Mon 12:18 AM||694 km||431 miles||375 nm||WNW|
|Taichung||Mon 12:18 AM||706 km||439 miles||381 nm||WNW|
|Foochow||Mon 12:18 AM||918 km||571 miles||496 nm||WNW|
|Xiamen||Mon 12:18 AM||965 km||599 miles||521 nm||WNW|
|Quezon||Mon 12:18 AM||1015 km||631 miles||548 nm||SW|
|Manila||Mon 12:18 AM||1031 km||640 miles||556 nm||SW|
|Shantou||Mon 12:18 AM||1081 km||672 miles||584 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.