Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 12:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, January 1, 2012 at 6:16 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, January 9, 2012 at 7:31 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 12:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 414.25 meters/second, 1491.3 km/hour, 926.7 miles/hour or 805.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||15.44 mi||west||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||south||15.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 27.1"||926.28 mi||west||0° 01' 50.1"||2.11 mi||south||926.39 mi|
|24 hours||12° 39' 13.9"||809.87 mi||east||1° 17' 00.3"||88.30 mi||south||818.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sat 10:48 PM||795 km||494 miles||429 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Sat 10:48 PM||1002 km||623 miles||541 nm||SSW|
|Yokohama||Sat 9:48 PM||1612 km||1002 miles||870 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Sat 9:48 PM||1618 km||1005 miles||873 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Sat 9:48 PM||1624 km||1009 miles||877 nm||NNW|
|Hamamatsu||Sat 9:48 PM||1632 km||1014 miles||881 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Sat 9:48 PM||1634 km||1015 miles||882 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Sat 9:48 PM||1636 km||1016 miles||883 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Sat 9:48 PM||1718 km||1068 miles||928 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Sat 9:48 PM||1756 km||1091 miles||948 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.