Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 12:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, January 1, 2012 at 6:16 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, January 9, 2012 at 7:31 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 12:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 414.25 meters/second, 1491.3 km/hour, 926.7 miles/hour or 805.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||15.44 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||South||15.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 27.1"||926.28 mi||West||0° 01' 50.1"||2.11 mi||South||926.39 mi|
|24 hours||12° 39' 13.9"||809.87 mi||East||1° 17' 00.3"||88.30 mi||South||818.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sat 10:48 PM||795 km||494 miles||429 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Sat 10:48 PM||1002 km||623 miles||541 nm||SSW|
|Yokohama||Sat 9:48 PM||1616 km||1004 miles||873 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Sat 9:48 PM||1618 km||1005 miles||874 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Sat 9:48 PM||1624 km||1009 miles||877 nm||NNW|
|Hamamatsu||Sat 9:48 PM||1632 km||1014 miles||881 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Sat 9:48 PM||1634 km||1015 miles||882 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Sat 9:48 PM||1636 km||1016 miles||883 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Sat 9:48 PM||1718 km||1068 miles||928 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Sat 9:48 PM||1757 km||1092 miles||949 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.