Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 12:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, January 1, 2012 at 6:14 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, January 9, 2012 at 7:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 12:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 414.25 meters/second, 1491.3 km/hour, 926.7 miles/hour or 805.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||15.45 mi||west||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||south||15.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 27.1"||926.35 mi||west||0° 01' 50.3"||2.11 mi||south||926.46 mi|
|24 hours||12° 39' 14.1"||809.93 mi||east||1° 17' 03.6"||88.37 mi||south||818.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sat 10:48 PM||792 km||492 miles||428 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Sat 10:48 PM||996 km||619 miles||538 nm||S|
|Yokohama||Sat 9:48 PM||1601 km||995 miles||865 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Sat 9:48 PM||1607 km||998 miles||868 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Sat 9:48 PM||1611 km||1001 miles||870 nm||NNW|
|Hamamatsu||Sat 9:48 PM||1619 km||1006 miles||874 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Sat 9:48 PM||1623 km||1009 miles||877 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Sat 9:48 PM||1624 km||1009 miles||877 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Sat 9:48 PM||1704 km||1059 miles||920 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Sat 9:48 PM||1740 km||1081 miles||940 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.