Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 2:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, January 1, 2012 at 6:16 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, January 9, 2012 at 7:31 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 14:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 414.36 meters/second, 1491.7 kilometres/hour, 926.9 miles/hour or 805.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||15.45 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.04 mi||South||15.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 26.0"||926.53 mi||West||0° 01' 59.4"||2.28 mi||South||926.64 mi|
|24 hours||12° 39' 21.1"||810.22 mi||East||1° 20' 43.0"||92.56 mi||South||819.27 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Naha||Sat 11:06 PM||437 km||271 miles||236 nm||N|
|Taipei||Sat 10:06 PM||727 km||452 miles||392 nm||WNW|
|Taoyuan City||Sat 10:06 PM||743 km||461 miles||401 nm||WNW|
|Kaohsiung||Sat 10:06 PM||778 km||483 miles||420 nm||W|
|Taichung||Sat 10:06 PM||778 km||483 miles||420 nm||WNW|
|Foochow||Sat 10:06 PM||976 km||607 miles||527 nm||WNW|
|Xiamen||Sat 10:06 PM||1040 km||646 miles||561 nm||WNW|
|Kagoshima||Sat 11:06 PM||1063 km||660 miles||574 nm||NNE|
|Quezon||Sat 10:06 PM||1111 km||690 miles||600 nm||SW|
|Manila||Sat 10:06 PM||1126 km||700 miles||608 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.