Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 2:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, January 1, 2012 at 6:16 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, January 9, 2012 at 7:31 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 14:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 414.44 meters/second, 1492.0 kilometres/hour, 927.1 miles/hour or 805.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||15.45 mi||West||0° 00' 02.0"||0.04 mi||South||15.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 25.3"||926.71 mi||West||0° 02' 05.6"||2.40 mi||South||926.83 mi|
|24 hours||12° 39' 24.6"||810.45 mi||East||1° 23' 11.3"||95.39 mi||South||819.94 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kowloon||Sat 10:58 PM||122 km||76 miles||66 nm||W|
|Hong Kong||Sat 10:58 PM||129 km||80 miles||70 nm||W|
|Shenzhen||Sat 10:58 PM||145 km||90 miles||78 nm||WNW|
|Shantou||Sat 10:58 PM||178 km||110 miles||96 nm||NE|
|Zhuhai||Sat 10:58 PM||192 km||119 miles||103 nm||W|
|Macau||Sat 10:58 PM||194 km||121 miles||105 nm||W|
|Guangzhou||Sat 10:58 PM||243 km||151 miles||131 nm||WNW|
|Foshan||Sat 10:58 PM||252 km||157 miles||136 nm||WNW|
|Xiamen||Sat 10:58 PM||365 km||227 miles||197 nm||NE|
|Kaohsiung||Sat 10:58 PM||524 km||326 miles||283 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.