Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 4:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, January 1, 2012 at 6:16 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, January 9, 2012 at 7:31 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 16:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 414.57 meters/second, 1492.4 kilometres/hour, 927.4 miles/hour or 805.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||15.46 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||South||15.46 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 24.4"||927.00 mi||West||0° 02' 15.3"||2.59 mi||South||927.13 mi|
|24 hours||12° 39' 28.4"||810.79 mi||East||1° 26' 59.1"||99.74 mi||South||820.95 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mandalay||Sat 10:48 PM||25 km||15 miles||13 nm||SSW|
|Naypyidaw||Sat 10:48 PM||272 km||169 miles||147 nm||S|
|Chittagong||Sat 10:18 PM||442 km||275 miles||239 nm||W|
|Chiang Mai||Sat 11:18 PM||481 km||299 miles||260 nm||SE|
|Comilla||Sat 10:18 PM||527 km||327 miles||284 nm||WNW|
|Sylhet||Sat 10:18 PM||528 km||328 miles||285 nm||NW|
|Cherrapunji||Sat 9:48 PM||564 km||350 miles||304 nm||NW|
|Shillong||Sat 9:48 PM||571 km||355 miles||308 nm||NW|
|Chandpur||Sat 10:18 PM||574 km||357 miles||310 nm||WNW|
|Barisal||Sat 10:18 PM||595 km||370 miles||321 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.