Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 21, 2012 at 10:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 5:05 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, February 21, 2012 at 10:36 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 21, 2012 at 22:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.42 meters/second, 1610.7 km/hour, 1000.8 miles/hour or 869.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.6"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 40.3"||1000.75 mi||West||0° 11' 41.1"||13.38 mi||North||1001.02 mi|
|24 hours||10° 45' 38.6"||740.42 mi||East||4° 43' 01.4"||324.11 mi||North||810.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 12:34 PM||859 km||534 miles||464 nm||N|
|Papeete||Tue 12:34 PM||1515 km||942 miles||818 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 11:34 AM||1624 km||1009 miles||877 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 12:34 PM||1726 km||1072 miles||932 nm||S|
|Apia *||Wed 12:34 PM||1852 km||1151 miles||1000 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Tue 11:34 AM||2029 km||1260 miles||1095 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Tue 10:34 AM||2278 km||1415 miles||1230 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 11:34 AM||2597 km||1614 miles||1402 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Wed 10:34 AM||2656 km||1650 miles||1434 nm||W|
|Suva||Wed 10:34 AM||3004 km||1866 miles||1622 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.