Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, February 27, 2012 at 05:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 25%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, February 21, 2012 at 10:36 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 1:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 27, 2012 at 05:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.37 meters/second, 1552.9 km/hour, 964.9 miles/hour or 838.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.6"||16.08 mi||west||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||north||16.08 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 38.5"||964.68 mi||west||0° 07' 37.4"||8.74 mi||north||964.40 mi|
|24 hours||11° 06' 37.6"||737.00 mi||east||2° 41' 54.1"||185.58 mi||north||754.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Mon 5:20 PM||1008 km||627 miles||544 nm||ENE|
|Palikir||Mon 4:20 PM||1061 km||659 miles||573 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Mon 3:20 PM||1420 km||882 miles||767 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Mon 5:20 PM||1806 km||1122 miles||975 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Mon 5:20 PM||2144 km||1332 miles||1158 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Mon 5:20 PM||2374 km||1475 miles||1282 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Mon 2:20 PM||2688 km||1670 miles||1451 nm||WSW|
|Tokyo||Mon 2:20 PM||2770 km||1721 miles||1496 nm||NW|
|Midway||Sun 6:20 PM||2878 km||1789 miles||1554 nm||ENE|
|Honiara||Mon 4:20 PM||2879 km||1789 miles||1555 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.