Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 27, 2012 at 5:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 25%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, February 21, 2012 at 10:36 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 1:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 27, 2012 at 05:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.37 meters/second, 1552.9 km/hour, 964.9 miles/hour or 838.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.6"||16.08 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||16.08 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 38.5"||964.68 mi||West||0° 07' 37.4"||8.74 mi||North||964.40 mi|
|24 hours||11° 06' 37.6"||737.00 mi||East||2° 41' 54.1"||185.58 mi||North||754.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Mon 5:20 PM||1008 km||627 miles||544 nm||ENE|
|Palikir||Mon 4:20 PM||1061 km||659 miles||573 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Mon 3:20 PM||1420 km||882 miles||767 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Mon 5:20 PM||1826 km||1135 miles||986 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Mon 5:20 PM||2145 km||1333 miles||1158 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Mon 5:20 PM||2374 km||1475 miles||1282 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Mon 2:20 PM||2688 km||1670 miles||1451 nm||WSW|
|Tokyo||Mon 2:20 PM||2770 km||1721 miles||1496 nm||NW|
|Midway||Sun 6:20 PM||2878 km||1789 miles||1554 nm||ENE|
|Honiara||Mon 4:20 PM||2879 km||1789 miles||1555 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.