Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 27, 2012 at 6:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 25%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, February 21, 2012 at 10:36 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 1:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 27, 2012 at 06:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 431.07 meters/second, 1551.8 kilometres/hour, 964.3 miles/hour or 837.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.07 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||16.07 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 36.5"||964.00 mi||West||0° 07' 33.1"||8.66 mi||North||963.72 mi|
|24 hours||11° 07' 31.3"||737.50 mi||East||2° 40' 00.9"||183.42 mi||North||754.74 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Mon 4:20 PM||330 km||205 miles||178 nm||ESE|
|Hagåtña||Mon 4:20 PM||393 km||244 miles||212 nm||SSE|
|Colonia||Mon 4:20 PM||950 km||590 miles||513 nm||SW|
|Melekeok||Mon 3:20 PM||1363 km||847 miles||736 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Mon 5:20 PM||1964 km||1221 miles||1061 nm||ESE|
|Yokohama||Mon 3:20 PM||2115 km||1314 miles||1142 nm||N|
|Jayapura||Mon 3:20 PM||2135 km||1326 miles||1153 nm||S|
|Osaka||Mon 3:20 PM||2137 km||1328 miles||1154 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Mon 3:20 PM||2139 km||1329 miles||1155 nm||N|
|Nagoya||Mon 3:20 PM||2144 km||1332 miles||1158 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.