Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 25, 2012 at 11:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, March 22, 2012 at 2:39 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, March 30, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 25, 2012 at 23:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.62 meters/second, 1543.0 km/hour, 958.8 miles/hour or 833.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||15.98 mi||West||0° 00' 06.7"||0.13 mi||North||15.98 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 14.8"||958.51 mi||West||0° 06' 43.9"||7.72 mi||North||958.24 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 25.8"||742.30 mi||East||2° 18' 57.0"||159.28 mi||North||754.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tijuana *||Sun 4:20 PM||2394 km||1488 miles||1293 nm||NE|
|San Diego *||Sun 4:20 PM||2399 km||1491 miles||1295 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles *||Sun 4:20 PM||2423 km||1506 miles||1309 nm||NE|
|San Jose (USA) *||Sun 4:20 PM||2501 km||1554 miles||1350 nm||NNE|
|Honolulu||Sun 1:20 PM||2505 km||1556 miles||1352 nm||WNW|
|San Francisco *||Sun 4:20 PM||2519 km||1565 miles||1360 nm||NNE|
|Mexicali *||Sun 4:20 PM||2519 km||1565 miles||1360 nm||NE|
|Sacramento *||Sun 4:20 PM||2637 km||1638 miles||1424 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Sun 4:20 PM||2696 km||1675 miles||1456 nm||ENE|
|Las Vegas *||Sun 4:20 PM||2787 km||1732 miles||1505 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.