Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, April 9, 2012 at 11:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 90%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, April 6, 2012 at 7:20 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, April 13, 2012 at 10:51 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, April 9, 2012 at 11:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.13 meters/second, 1501.7 km/hour, 933.1 miles/hour or 810.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.55 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||South||15.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 04.7"||932.77 mi||West||0° 05' 04.6"||5.82 mi||South||932.53 mi|
|24 hours||14° 45' 54.1"||957.42 mi||East||1° 19' 11.2"||90.80 mi||South||957.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Mon 2:44 AM||494 km||307 miles||267 nm||SE|
|Adamstown||Mon 3:44 AM||1025 km||637 miles||553 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Mon 1:44 AM||1185 km||737 miles||640 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 1:44 AM||2193 km||1363 miles||1184 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Mon 6:44 AM||3078 km||1913 miles||1662 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Tue 1:44 AM||3192 km||1983 miles||1723 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Mon 12:44 AM||3270 km||2032 miles||1765 nm||W|
|Apia||Tue 12:44 AM||3585 km||2228 miles||1936 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Tue 12:44 AM||3697 km||2297 miles||1996 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 12:44 AM||3792 km||2356 miles||2048 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.