Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, May 7, 2012 at 10:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, May 6, 2012 at 3:36 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, May 12, 2012 at 9:48 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, May 7, 2012 at 10:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 414.38 meters/second, 1491.8 km/hour, 926.9 miles/hour or 805.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.9"||15.45 mi||West||0° 00' 03.1"||0.06 mi||South||15.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 00.4"||926.60 mi||West||0° 03' 06.6"||3.57 mi||South||926.45 mi|
|24 hours||15° 07' 57.6"||975.96 mi||East||0° 29' 36.4"||33.95 mi||South||974.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Mon 12:44 AM||813 km||505 miles||439 nm||WNW|
|Gambier Islands||Mon 1:44 AM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||ESE|
|Adamstown||Mon 2:44 AM||1374 km||854 miles||742 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 12:44 AM||1755 km||1091 miles||948 nm||W|
|Alofi||Sun 11:44 PM||2836 km||1762 miles||1531 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Tue 12:44 AM||2999 km||1864 miles||1619 nm||NNW|
|Apia||Mon 11:44 PM||3171 km||1970 miles||1712 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 11:44 PM||3306 km||2054 miles||1785 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 11:44 PM||3353 km||2083 miles||1810 nm||W|
|Easter Island||Mon 4:44 AM||3459 km||2149 miles||1868 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.