Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, May 7, 2012 at 11:54:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, May 6, 2012 at 3:36 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, May 12, 2012 at 9:48 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, May 7, 2012 at 11:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 414.21 meters/second, 1491.1 km/hour, 926.6 miles/hour or 805.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.9"||15.44 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||South||15.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 00.2"||926.22 mi||West||0° 02' 55.1"||3.35 mi||South||926.08 mi|
|24 hours||15° 07' 19.0"||974.87 mi||East||0° 25' 03.6"||28.73 mi||South||973.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Mon 1:54 AM||16 km||10 miles||9 nm||W|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Mon 1:54 AM||982 km||610 miles||530 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Mon 12:54 AM||1104 km||686 miles||596 nm||W|
|Papeete||Mon 1:54 AM||1134 km||705 miles||612 nm||ENE|
|Apia||Tue 12:54 AM||1528 km||950 miles||825 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 12:54 AM||1617 km||1005 miles||873 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Tue 12:54 AM||1809 km||1124 miles||977 nm||NW|
|Suva||Mon 11:54 PM||2326 km||1445 miles||1256 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Tue 1:54 AM||2570 km||1597 miles||1388 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Mon 11:54 PM||2674 km||1662 miles||1444 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.