Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 11:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, May 6, 2012 at 3:36 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, May 12, 2012 at 9:48 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 11:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 413.29 meters/second, 1487.9 km/hour, 924.5 miles/hour or 803.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.5"||15.41 mi||West||0° 00' 00.9"||0.02 mi||North||15.41 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 36.2"||924.20 mi||West||0° 00' 56.8"||1.09 mi||North||924.25 mi|
|24 hours||14° 39' 57.9"||942.79 mi||East||1° 04' 25.9"||73.88 mi||North||949.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Tue 2:44 AM||754 km||468 miles||407 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Tue 1:44 AM||907 km||564 miles||490 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Tue 3:44 AM||1282 km||797 miles||692 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Tue 1:44 AM||1832 km||1138 miles||989 nm||W|
|Alofi||Tue 12:44 AM||2915 km||1811 miles||1574 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Wed 1:44 AM||3087 km||1918 miles||1667 nm||NW|
|Apia||Wed 12:44 AM||3258 km||2024 miles||1759 nm||W|
|Easter Island||Tue 5:44 AM||3368 km||2093 miles||1819 nm||ESE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 12:44 AM||3397 km||2111 miles||1834 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 12:44 AM||3426 km||2129 miles||1850 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.