Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, May 12, 2012 at 9:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, May 6, 2012 at 3:36 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, May 12, 2012 at 9:48 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, May 12, 2012 at 21:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.66 meters/second, 1597.2 km/hour, 992.4 miles/hour or 862.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.54 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||North||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.7"||992.32 mi||West||0° 10' 56.3"||12.53 mi||North||992.65 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 50.6"||752.25 mi||East||4° 28' 37.7"||307.66 mi||North||816.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Same||Sun 6:46 AM||13 km||8 miles||7 nm||N|
|Suai||Sun 6:46 AM||46 km||29 miles||25 nm||WSW|
|Dili||Sun 6:46 AM||63 km||39 miles||34 nm||N|
|Baucau||Sun 6:46 AM||116 km||72 miles||63 nm||NE|
|Kupang||Sun 5:46 AM||252 km||157 miles||136 nm||WSW|
|Ende||Sun 5:46 AM||439 km||273 miles||237 nm||W|
|Ambon||Sun 6:46 AM||663 km||412 miles||358 nm||NNE|
|Kendari||Sun 5:46 AM||664 km||413 miles||359 nm||NNW|
|Darwin||Sun 7:16 AM||679 km||422 miles||367 nm||ESE|
|Raba||Sun 5:46 AM||772 km||479 miles||417 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.