Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, June 2, 2012 at 11:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, May 28, 2012 at 8:18 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:13 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, June 2, 2012 at 11:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.67 meters/second, 1525.2 km/hour, 947.7 miles/hour or 823.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.7"||15.79 mi||west||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||south||15.80 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 46.7"||947.40 mi||west||0° 08' 02.2"||9.21 mi||south||947.08 mi|
|24 hours||14° 48' 06.3"||974.06 mi||east||2° 35' 33.9"||178.34 mi||south||982.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cairns||Sat 9:44 PM||884 km||549 miles||477 nm||W|
|Brisbane||Sat 9:44 PM||1059 km||658 miles||572 nm||S|
|Honiara||Sat 10:44 PM||1139 km||708 miles||615 nm||NE|
|Port Moresby||Sat 9:44 PM||1196 km||743 miles||646 nm||NW|
|Noumea||Sat 10:44 PM||1383 km||860 miles||747 nm||ESE|
|Port Vila||Sat 10:44 PM||1514 km||941 miles||818 nm||E|
|Sydney||Sat 9:44 PM||1785 km||1109 miles||964 nm||S|
|Canberra||Sat 9:44 PM||1981 km||1231 miles||1069 nm||SSW|
|Alice Springs||Sat 9:14 PM||2191 km||1361 miles||1183 nm||WSW|
|Jayapura||Sat 8:44 PM||2241 km||1393 miles||1210 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.