Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, June 3, 2012 at 11:54:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, May 28, 2012 at 8:16 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, June 3, 2012 at 11:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.28 meters/second, 1498.6 km/hour, 931.2 miles/hour or 809.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.52 mi||west||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||south||15.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 16.8"||930.85 mi||west||0° 04' 38.3"||5.32 mi||south||930.63 mi|
|24 hours||344° 47' 27.2"||985.08 mi||west||1° 07' 13.7"||77.08 mi||south||984.42 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Noumea||Sun 10:54 PM||191 km||119 miles||103 nm||S|
|Port Vila||Sun 10:54 PM||386 km||240 miles||208 nm||NE|
|Luganville||Sun 10:54 PM||568 km||353 miles||307 nm||N|
|Kingston||Sun 11:24 PM||958 km||595 miles||517 nm||S|
|Suva||Sun 11:54 PM||1315 km||817 miles||710 nm||E|
|Honiara||Sun 10:54 PM||1400 km||870 miles||756 nm||NNW|
|Brisbane||Sun 9:54 PM||1539 km||957 miles||831 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Sun 11:54 PM||1935 km||1202 miles||1045 nm||NE|
|Nukualofa||Mon 12:54 AM||1939 km||1205 miles||1047 nm||E|
|Auckland||Sun 11:54 PM||1989 km||1236 miles||1074 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.