Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, June 3, 2012 at 10:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, May 28, 2012 at 8:18 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:13 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, June 3, 2012 at 22:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 414.19 meters/second, 1491.1 km/hour, 926.5 miles/hour or 805.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.44 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||South||15.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 56.2"||926.18 mi||West||0° 02' 55.4"||3.35 mi||South||926.03 mi|
|24 hours||15° 14' 11.0"||982.27 mi||East||0° 24' 55.0"||28.57 mi||South||981.30 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Swakopmund||Sun 11:44 PM||418 km||260 miles||226 nm||ESE|
|Walvis Bay||Sun 11:44 PM||428 km||266 miles||231 nm||ESE|
|Windhoek||Sun 11:44 PM||667 km||415 miles||360 nm||ESE|
|Lubango||Sun 11:44 PM||758 km||471 miles||409 nm||NNE|
|Rundu||Sun 11:44 PM||1012 km||629 miles||547 nm||ENE|
|Luanda||Sun 11:44 PM||1399 km||869 miles||756 nm||N|
|Cape Town||Mon 12:44 AM||1593 km||990 miles||860 nm||SSE|
|Gaborone||Mon 12:44 AM||1596 km||992 miles||862 nm||ESE|
|Jamestown||Sun 10:44 PM||1837 km||1141 miles||992 nm||WNW|
|Johannesburg||Mon 12:44 AM||1842 km||1145 miles||995 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.