Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, June 3, 2012 at 11:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, May 28, 2012 at 8:18 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:13 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, June 3, 2012 at 23:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 414.07 meters/second, 1490.6 km/hour, 926.2 miles/hour or 804.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.44 mi||West||0° 00' 02.9"||0.05 mi||South||15.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 55.3"||925.90 mi||West||0° 02' 47.2"||3.20 mi||South||925.76 mi|
|24 hours||15° 14' 02.9"||981.86 mi||East||0° 21' 38.5"||24.82 mi||South||980.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Sun 11:34 PM||762 km||474 miles||412 nm||NW|
|Windhoek||Mon 12:34 AM||1892 km||1176 miles||1022 nm||E|
|Luanda||Mon 12:34 AM||2072 km||1288 miles||1119 nm||NE|
|Cape Town||Mon 1:34 AM||2382 km||1480 miles||1286 nm||SE|
|São Tomé||Sun 11:34 PM||2544 km||1581 miles||1373 nm||NNE|
|Kinshasa||Mon 12:34 AM||2590 km||1609 miles||1398 nm||NE|
|Brazzaville||Mon 12:34 AM||2593 km||1611 miles||1400 nm||NE|
|Libreville||Mon 12:34 AM||2664 km||1655 miles||1438 nm||NNE|
|Gaborone||Mon 1:34 AM||2799 km||1739 miles||1512 nm||ESE|
|Abidjan||Sun 11:34 PM||2960 km||1839 miles||1598 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.